Disability Claims in Jackson and Memphis
Learn How We Help You When You Are Disabled
At the law firm of Byrd & Byrd, our Social Security disability attorneys in Jackson understand that you need as much help as you can get as soon as you can get it when you are disabled. Our lawyers have over 25 years of experience aggressively pursuing Social Security benefits for our clients.
When you need a relentless partner to help you win your disability claim in Jackson, Memphis, or the surrounding West Tennessee area, we can help.
This system denies over half of its applicants, so we want you to have as much information about what our Government programs provide you in Tennessee. Understanding disability laws takes years of education and training, but we offer you these tips about how the State of Tennessee provides for you.
Tips from a Social Security Disability Lawyer
You may be able to help yourself out while you wait for your Social Security decision by taking advantage of programs that offer you benefits based on financial need. We know that you may have a long wait before you receive a decision about your benefits. These tips can help.
You may be eligible for food stamps if you deduct your medical expenses from your income:
- Doctor and dentist bills
- Hospital bills
- Medicine, even certain over-the-counter medicine
- Health and hospital insurance policy payments or Medicare payments
- Dentures, hearing aids, or other artificial body parts
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Nursing bills or nursing home bills
- Buying or renting certain medical supplies
- Cost for transportation if you must travel for medical care
- Home healthcare bills