Jackson DUI Attorneys
DUI is a serious matter
DUI charges are serious. A DUI conviction can result in significant fines and incarceration, as well as result in a criminal record. Subsequent charges can lead to stiffer penalties including loss of your license, an ignition interlock device installed upon your vehicle, and vehicle confiscation. While you can certainly act as your own attorney for a DUI, it is foolhardy to take this approach without first consulting an attorney.
In Jackson, a DUI arrest is a serious criminal matter that should be handled by an experienced attorney. A skilled Jackson DUI attorney knows how to raise technical defenses, how and when to negotiate a lesser charge, and can seek to minimize any punishment that cannot be avoided. The DUI attorneys at Byrd & Byrd, Attorneys at Law, PLLC, fight for clients’ rights in DUI cases on a daily basis. They pledge to zealously and aggressively represent you and protect your rights from being trampled.
How an attorney can help with your DUI charges
Depending on the facts of your unique case, a DUI attorney may raise a number of defenses on your behalf. Some of these defenses include, but are not limited to, challenging the following:
- Testing device records. Testing devices may be shown to have not been be properly maintained, and maintenance records may be shown to be inaccurate.
- Evidence as inadmissible or incorrect. If a test was not done properly, it may be found to have been done illegally.
- Police procedures. Procedures may be shown to have been performed in an improper manner, and police may be shown to lack training in the use of the testing devices.
- Eyewitness observations at the time of the arrest. Bloodshot eyes may be the cause of something other than drinking, and evidence can be presented to show other causes.
- A road block or your stop as unconstitutional. The police may not have had a right to stop your car, and may have violated your rights in other ways.